Sunday, December 4, 2011

Vacation Time

Took my annual trip to Avila Beach. Cut it short my two days this year. My sister came in from St. George, Utah for her high school reunion so I had dinner with her before I left the next day. Had not seen her in 5 years. Returned early because of the Champagne dinner at Delius.

Only spent one day on Paso Robles. Spent most of my time this trip in the Edna Valley, San Luis Obispo area and the Santa Ynez/Lompoc area.  Did not rush anything and came back with 2 cases of wine. Two cases more than I wanted to but everything was tasting good. 

Weather was perfect. Got some Christmas shopping done. Only downer was two episodes of my acid reflux which knocked me out for two afternoons.

Lots of new wineries and it's impossible to get to all of them. Asked a few winemakers that I knew for suggestions. At least it keeps me away from the "run of the mill" type wineries that are not worth the stop.

No comments: