Saturday, December 24, 2011

Franco's

Thursday, December 15, 2011

We have not been to Franco's in  quite awhile.  On a Thursday night the place was full. in spite of the rain. 7 of us gathered for dinner. I did not make any notations about food or wine. I was brain dead from the traffic and the drive from Torrance to Cypress.

I did bring a NV Clos Pepe Sparkling Rose of Pinot which was excellent. Along with a 2004 Stolpman LaCroce. La Croce is my favorite wine that Stolpman makes. A blend of Syrah & Sangiovese. It was the first bottle emptied. Always a good sign that the wine was top notch.

There was Champagne, a French white that Jan & Bob brought back from France, A Brunello, Nebiollo, another Italian red, a Pinot Grigio and a couple more reds on the table.

Bob & I ordered the lamb shank and neither of us were disappointed. Margie had the pork chop, Paul the Flounder, Jan had Salmon, Steve had the Steak Diane and I cannot remember what John ordered. We all ate hearty. The food at Franco's is really good. Must make a point to get back there soon.

No comments: