Saturday, December 24, 2011

Seafood Palace

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Last dinner here I thought would be the last one but Duong Son still has not opened. Supposed to be this week but we are still waiting.

There was 7 of us tonight. Terry & Cora were there in spite of the fact that Cora cannot eat much because of the effects of her chemo and her liver cancer. She put up a great front. Wants to see everyone and say her good byes. I hope when it is my time I can be as gracious.

As usual we had the salt & pepper calamari. Best calamari around. Followed by Manila clams in black bean & jalapeno sauce. Excellent dish.

Pekin duck, Beef with greens, garlic green beans and a spicy soup. Cora had requested the sauteed lobster with noodles.  Good as always. Dinner was followed by a Mango pudding.

CJ & I both brought sparklings. I brought a Francois Chidaine Mount Louis Sur Loire and CJ brought a Louis Bouillet Brut Rose of Pinot. They were empty by time we got finished.

I also brought a 2004 Clos Pepe VS Pinot Noir.  A 2006 Clos Pepe Pinot, 2004 McKeon-Phillips BPR Cabernet, NV Stella Rosso, 2005 Testarossa Fritschen Russian River Pinot Noir and a 2005 Levendi Stagecoach Vineyard, Napa Cabernet rounded out the selection.

CJ was disappointed in his Testarossa Pinot. Good nose, great front palate but then it went nowhere . Fell off fast. For the price of Testarossa wines this should not happen. I tasted all the wines except the Stella Rossa. Not my style at all. All were excellent. Impressed with the Levendi that Terry brought. If I had been at home with this wine I would have drank more.

Since John has next week off work we are going to try and schedule another dinner right after Christmas so he can join us. Don't know if it will be Seafood Palace or the new Doung Son. Looking forward to it in a big way. Can never have too much good Chinese food along with good wine and great company.

No comments: