Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Pizza and Wine

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Joined about 30 other people and feasted on at least 9 to 11 different pizzas.  I tasted 4 of them and went with the exotic combinations,. Like, shrimp, artichoke, etc.  Great flavors.  My only disappointment was by time the pizzas arrived  (not by a pizza delivery company) they were not hot anymore.  Since they weren't in a  "hot box"  they cooled considerably. It is my personal taste but room temperature pizza does not do it for me.  The crust always gets dry and tough for me. But it did not seem to bother most everyone else. Most of the pizza was gone quickly.

A lot of wine tonight, some much older which was a treat to taste them. A few were over the hill but it was an experience to try.  I brought a 2010 Loring, Garys Vineyard, Pinot Noir. It was drinking really well. I am a fan of Gary's Vineyard, no matter who makes it.

Was talking with a man at the gathering and he happened to mention a person by name. I asked if this person's father had been a judge and he said yes. I informed him that I used to babysit the children on the man  who became a judge when he was going to law school and working a  night job to put himself through school.  Small world.  That was way before student loans and Pel grants. That is why those generations had no school debt. Maybe it took them longer to get their degree but they were debt free.

This man I was talking with also is a winemaker with a very small production. We will be having a private tasting soon to see what he has to offer.

 

 

No comments: