Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Oktoberfest Beer Dinner at Delius

Saturday, September 24, 2016
 
 Had this dinner on my calendar for months.  Showed up at 7:00 for 7:15 seating. Dave at Delius,  www.deliusrestaurant.com,  greeted me at said the dinner was Friday night. They had changed the date but only noted it on the reminder with the menu. Since I had the date already noted it was not something I was looking for change on.  At least I was not the only one. There were 4 other people .  So Dave sat us in the private cellar room. We had the same menu and beers that were served the night before.

We started out with a Apple and Celery Confit with Belgium Endive and Chevre Salad and Apple Cider Vinaigrette. Nice clean , crisp dish with loads of flavor. The beer was a Schneider Weisse Hopfenweisse, Light beer, wheaty and paired well with the salad.

Second course is a Cambozola  and Nutmeg Spaetzle (so good) with Mushrooms and Fine Herbs. My favorite dish of the night. The beer was a Flensburger Dunkel. Again the beer paired really well with the dish.

Next up was a Pretzel and Mustard Crusted Mahi-Mahi with Pickled Okra, Brussels Sprouts and Brown Butter Balsamic Drizzle.  Great flavors and the beer was a Hofbrau Oktoberfest. A light wheat beer. 

Main course is a a Caraway Braised Brisket, Caramelized Carrot Puree, Cipollini Onions, Seared Red Cabbage.. Good German flavors. Paired with a Weihenstephaner Doppelbock. My favorite beer of the night. Dark, chocolate, my kind.  I am partial to Porters and Stouts so this was right in there.

Dessert was a mixed bag. Roasted Kabocha Squash and Pepita Bread (toasted). On the sweet side but not what I would pick for dessert. Maybe toast in the morning with butter. On top was a scoop of Bock Infused Cream Cheese Ice Cream. To die for. 

A good dinner, nice dining companions. That is what life is about. 

No comments: