Saturday, March 23, 2013

Raymond's Bristo

Friday, March 22, 2013

Raymonds is a small "bistro" type restaurant on Warner near Gothard in Huntington Beach. Had read reviews on it but did not eat there until tonight. Paul & Margie ate there few weeks ago and liked it. So tonight I met them there for dinner.

Raymond, the owner is  very personable. Trying hard to make it in the business.

The place was crowded, in fact a few people came in and left because there was no room left. Service was very good.

I had the Peppercorn Sauced filet with assorted vegetables and mashed potatoes. I had asked for it "rare" but it came out medium. The vegetables were cooked al dente and were good. Better than last night a Villa Nova. The sauce on the steak had great flavor. The steak was tender but not cooked the way I had asked for. I did not make a fuss as I will return and order it again and then I will mention that is was not cooked properly the last time I had it.

I brought a 2001 Stolpman La Croce (Sangio & Syrah) which was excellent. Paul & Margie brought a 2010 Monti Guidi Del Carmine Percorino. A white wine that actually went well with my ceasar salad. The wine was a little too cold at first but it really blossomed after a bit of sitting. They also brought a bottle of D'Alfonso-Curran, Sanford & Benedict Pinot Noir. Since I had the Testarossa last night I could remember that wine and see the distinct similarities to them, Again all these wines were very good.

We did leave the bottles with Raymond. There was a little in each one.so it was good PR to let the owner have them. He also dids not charge us corkage which was nice. Normally it is $10 oer bottle.

No comments: