Saturday, March 2, 2013

Golden Star ( Doung Son)

January 22, 2013

For some strange reason this dinner did not get posted in January. Found my notes with the others that I posted today. There were 5 of us tonight and it was a last minute decision. We went to the Golden Star which is the old Duong Son restaurant we used to frequent.

As usual Henry did all the ordering.

Vegetable & Pork soup
Roast duck two ways
Salt & Pepper Calamari
Baked oysters with chives
Chicken with salted fish rice noodles - new dish, quite interesting and good flavors.

Wines on my list show:
2007 Roar Rosellas Pinot Noir
2006 Seasmoke 10 Pinot Noir
2005 Angeli Blanc (white)
2011 Laetita Arroyo Grand Pinot Noir
2002 McKeon Phillips Chardonnay

Seems to me that there were two other wines but they did not make my list. But 6 weeks later I cannot remember what they were.

Just me and the boys at dinner. We can be informal and have a good time without worrying about "offending" someone. My type of event. Henry is on vacation to Argentina and Patagonia. Back soon so we can eat together again.

No comments: