Saturday, March 2, 2013

February Wino's Gathering

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Today's was  the "wino's" monthly get together. Held at my house and my theme is always wines rated 93 to 100. Price is not important but quality is so by having a 93 and above you may not personally like the wine but it will be good.

The weather was good today. Sometimes we rain early in February but it came earlier in the week and I lucked out.

I served a pork loin roast which I had brined overnight in water,salt, maple syrup, brown sugar and spices. Gave a very good flavor to the meat. Loads of appetizers and side dishes.

William's birthday was yesterday so Patte had a cake with candles. He did manage to get all of them blown out.

A couple of the wines I especially liked were the 1995 Chateau Clerc, Milon Pauillac Bordeaux, 2006 Domaine des Perdrix Nuits-Saint George aux Perdrix Burgundy, 2008 Ramey, Napa, Cabernet Sauvigon and the 2007 AP Vin, Turner Vineyard Pinot Noir.

No comments: