Saturday, March 2, 2013

Birthday at The Himalayan

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Coincidence that this dinner fell on my birthday. Not planned but worked out well.

 Everyone orders dish and we all share. Seems tonight was heavy into the meat. Tibetan Lamb, Rack of Lamb, Tandoori chicken, Chicken Chau Chau (noodles) and a lone Shrimp Tandoori. I ended up ordering Aloo Gobi and Kafta Mata both vegetable dishes. Needed something to break up the heavy meats.

Tonight's group was interesting. Not our usual suspects. Somehow I did not get a good flow about the evening. Seemed to me everyone was in their own zone.

A decent selection of wines.

2010 Beckman Purisima Syrah
2006 Roar SLH Pinot Noir (I brought this wine and was slightly disappointed in it)
2004 Tablas Creek Espirit de Beaucastel
2010 Tablas Creek Antitresis Chardonnay
2008 McKeon Phillips BPR Cabernet Sauvignon
2008 Monte de Oro, Merlot, Temecula (not impressed)
NV Roeder Anderson Valley Sparkling (this was good)
NV Robert Moncuit Brut Champagne, France (this is becoming my house champagne I like it so well)


A nice evening but a little disjointed. Sometimes that happens. Food as usual was good The Himalayan is always a winner.

No comments: