Saturday, May 27, 2023

Lunch at Seafood Cove # 1

 May 25, 2023

Just 3 of us today for lunch.  Restaurant was packed for some reason at noon.  Also a big lobster delivery today for the weekend. Saw some really big ones go into the tank.

Started off with the sour spicy soup. A bit too salty and also had a bite to it that wasn't normal. Different chefs have their own versions of this traditional soup.  I had a few spoonfuls but opted not to finish it. Not taking a chance with my gut issues. 

3 of us so 3 dishes were ordered. Started off with the Beef and Chinese Broccoli. Beef was flavorful and very tender. Broccoli was cooked just right.

Next was Salt & Pepper fried fish filet. Nice crunchy coating and fish was sweet and very moist. Had a lot of this because I felt I could tolerate it. Laid off the jalapeno peppers. 

Last dish was Chicken Chow Fun.  Chicken was very moist but lacked seasoning. The greens were good but I did not particularly care for this dish. Henry ate a lot of it. 

Sliced oranges for dessert. Their oranges are always juicy and sweet. Much better than the ones in the grocery stores. I did have one slice but because it was citrus I limited myself.

Kitchen seemed a bit off today and that could be from the two very large groups that were seated when we got there at noon.

I had a small pour of each of the 3 wines. Came away from the lunch with no issues. Hopefully I am on the way up and no more downs.

NV Meiomi blend.  This was young and showed it but in a few years it will be drinking nicely.

2010 Sea Smoke Ten, Pinot Noir. Really showing well. Supple, dark fruit, good mouth feel. A very nice wine.

2013 Tercero, Larner Vineyard, Grenache. Drinking nice. Good blend of fruit flavors, medium to long finish. This wine will go a few more years.

 

No comments: