Monday, June 26, 2023

Lunch at Kamal Palace

 Thursday, June 6, 2023


Decided to try the lunch buffet at Kamal Palace. $16.95 plus $6 corkage.  Had to park in the back where the handicapped parking is and walk up a long incline to the second floor.  I would not call this a desirable for people with mobility issues.  I know some people that would never be able to access the area. 

We got there at 11:30 and the restaurant was over half full already. Mostly chicken and vegetable dishes on the buffet but they recently added lamb shanks to the offering.  I picked and chose my food to avoid heavy spices etc., What I did eat was decent quality for the price. 

My dining companions have no "gut" issues so they really loaded up with all the dishes I wished I could have. Everyone agreed it was worth the money.

We opened two wines.  A Jansz Sparkling from Tasmania which was quite good. I did have a very small pour.  I brought a 2013 Roar, Rosella's Vineyard, Pinot Noir.  Huge disappointment. The wine was a complete dud. Absolutely nothing going for it. Dead on arrival. 



No comments: