Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Lunch With The Boys At Seafood Cove # 1

 Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Four of us today for lunch.  Place was empty at noon but by 1:00 it was almost full. And it is a Tuesday, A few live lobsters in the tank after the weekend. Lobster up to $32 per pound. CJ brought a 2010 Clos Pepe VS, Pinot Noir in a magnum bottle. It was excellent. Still having issues so I limited myself to 4 ounces.  Bright medium cherry, supple mouth feel. Good soft tannins. Medium to long on the back palate. Good showing of Clos Pepe.  Wish I could have chanced drinking more. 

Started out with the spicy sour soup which after two spoonful's I had to stop. It was so salty. Like too many cooks adding salt because they didn't think someone else did it. 

Next was Salt and Pepper Fried Fish Filet. Nice tender light white fish with a non-greasy batter. I did eat several pieces of the fish. Left the jalapeno peppers alone. 

Beef Chow Fun , stir fried spicy beef with green beans. Everyone liked this dish but me. Some spice on the meat that I just can't wrap by head around.

Thai Style Seafood Chow Fun. I only had some of the greens and the Thai noodles. Shying away from the sauces for the time being. It did look very good.

Last dish was Peking Style Pork Chop.  Another sauced dish. Did not have any today. I have had this before and really liked it but was afraid to start eating it and overeat because it would taste so good. 

Good lunch and great conversations mostly about old movies, old TV shows and artificial intelligence 






No comments: