Saturday, May 13, 2023

Lunch With The Boys At Cal-Chilli

 Monday, May 8, 2023

Went to Cali-Chilli for lunch after my dental appointment. Conveniently located a few blocks from my dentist. 3 of us today. Took two bottles of wine because corkage is $20 per.   We always open, serve and provide our own glasses so to us the fee is excessive. But that seems to be the trend now days. Extra money in the pocket of the owner.  If they had decent wine lists I could understand but for the most part their wine lists are mediocre. 

A 2010 Williams Selyem, Sonoma Coast, Pinot Noir was showing nicely.  I brought a NV Alandes, 5th Edition Paradux which is a blend of Semillion and Sauvignon Blanc from Argentina.  Unfortunately for me the wine was very acidic. One glass and I had a bad afternoon.  Gave the bottle to a fellow diner to take home.

We had 3 appetizers for lunch. Servings are quite large for appetizers. 

Fried Calamari and French Green Beans with Lime Aioli. Had this before and it was again very good. 

Cali Quesadilla. Chicken, Melted Cheese, Onions and a Herb Sour Cream. Very good flavors. I pulled all the raw onions off. Another item I am having to avoid.

Cauliflower Fritters with a Sambal Aioli. Sambal is a mixture of Garlic Mayonnaise and Sambal oelek which is a chili paste. Another item on my off list at this time. 

Good lunch in spite of my issues. Enjoyed the food and the company. Hope to return soon.

No comments: