Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Time For Beer

Monday, July 6, 2015

Large group tonight, about 16 of us. Had an early dinner at Weiland Brewery, www.wbr3.com, . This was in conjunction with a mixer for the Bixby Knolls Supper Club.  Restaurant was packed to the rafters tonight. Acoustics are bad, which it seems most "breweries have bad acoustics"  and it was difficult to talk to anyone except those right next to you. But we all seemed to have a good time.

Weiland Brewery does house brew 4 beers. But they have an extensive list of other craft beers. I had my favorite a "stout". I prefer dark stouts and porters.  But I am sated on one full size glass. Cannot drink that much of a beer without filling up and out.

A large selection of food on the table. Lot of people ordered burgers and they did look good. With my "mandible muscle" still inflamed it is hard for me to bite into something. So I ordered the short ribs which turned out to be excellent.  Very fork tender and good flavor. Three of us at the table opted for the shortrib. We were all very happy. Came with mixed steamed veggies and choice of potato. I opted for the garlic fries which I will say were "garlic" I could not eat all of them because it was over whelming.

A fun destination if you are into checking out the local brews. Food is good and prices are reasonable. We all left happy.

No comments: