Friday, September 12, 2014

Back to the Himilayan Grill

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Just 3 of us tonight for the Himayalan. www.himalayngrill.com, in Sunset Beach. Needed to do a restaurant review for our condo communitys newsletter. I could have done it without returning but 2 neighbors had not been there so they tagged along.  I made the suggestion to them that we all order a separate dish and then share.  They agreed  but I could tell they were not to sure about it. Since they did not how the food was plated it was a new concept. Since they always ask for separate billing when we go out, the sharing idea and splitting everything was a little upsetting. Some people are so afraid that they will somehow get the short end.

We started out with Samosa's which are always great at the Himalayan. Never greasy like some Indian restaurants. Shrimp Chau Chau (whole wheat noodles), Lamb Masala. Chicken Vindaloo and Vegetables Korma were ordered for dinner along with garlic naan

I will say that the Vegetables Korma was better that I have had here before. The sauce was outstanding tonight for some reason.

These ladies are not wine drinkers so I just ordered a glass or Riesling off the wine list. Did not bother to bring a bottle.

Denish, the owner was telling me they plan to expand by taking over the next unit in the building. That should be a good thing. The restaurant is small, about 12 tables total. So an expansion will help with larger parties. No time frame yet as the next unit is still occupied. Probably by next spring or summer.

I fell this is some of the best Indian food around. No cheap but quality is excellent and to me that is worth a few extra dollars. I had cash and tipped heavy but since one of the ladies put everything on her credit card, I sure hope she passed the heavier tip on to the waitstaff. I told how much I left so to make sure it was included along with the other tip. Since we were splitting the bill evenly except for my wine, giving her cash was best at the moment, but I always have qualms about other people tipping criteria.


No comments: