Sunday, February 26, 2012

February's Gethring Of The Winos

Sunday, February 19, 2012

This months gathering was held at my Casa. My theme for the past several years  has been Wines Rtaed 93 to 100 . I have found over the years that when you force people to look for a better wine they will. If you have a very generic theme that is what wines you end up with. I do not necessarily follow ratings but they do you an indication that the wines is a little bit better than an 85 rated wine. You cab still find higher rated wines at a reasonable price but it may take some time. Since I do this theme every year people take that entire to timer to look for a wine.

Someone brought a wine that had a 96 rating from Wilfred Wong at Bev Mo. Now Wilfred usually has a 1 to 2 point rating higher than the other known wine raters but even at 96 of you deduct the 2 full points that makes it a 94 and for $13.99 it was a real bargain. The wine was excellent.

 A couple of the wines that I liked the best was the 2007 Stolpman LaCroce, a blend of Syrah and Sangiovese that I brought, 2007 Paradigm Cabernet Sauvignon and a 2008 Sledgehammer Caberent Savignon. I had never heard of the Sledgehammer label before.

So off to March - we will see what happens then.

No comments: