Saturday, October 1, 2011

September's Monthy Gathering of The Flock

Sunday, September 18, 2011

This months theme was interesting for some and a turn off for others. Bring your favorite wine (varietal). They were then put in random numbered  brown bags.  You received a piece of paper with the numbers on it and boxes to check of the different features of the wine, along with  what type and the cost. Out of 17 wines I got 8 correct. Stan got 11 correct. After the unveiling of the wines it was interesting to see what I missed. I got all the pinots correct. But a few I really should have and did not. I think I got into a tunnel vision mode and concentrated on the list of varietals that William had listed on the sheet of paper and did not stray from there. That was a big mistake. I just was not thinking.  I feel this happened to several people.  I will say it is difficult to tell the difference between Zinfandel and Sryrah in some bottles. They are so similar.

There were some very nice wines brought to this tasting. And it turned out quite well. William had built two long stands for the bottles with shelves and holes for the bottles to sit. He had the room for this type of table. Most people would not.

Patte got kabobs for the Olive Pit where she works, beef, chicken and shrimp. So we had a really good meal. As usual we had a nice variety of food and lots of it. Along with good wine and a very pleasant sun shiny day we all agreed it was a lot of fun.

No comments: