Sunday, October 23, 2011

Domanine de Montille Wine Tasting

Friday, October 21, 2011

Wine Country, www.TheWineCountry.com, in Signal Hill hosted Michael Sullivan from Beaune Imports and Etienne De Montille head of the family estate Domaine de Montille  in Volnay tonight for a burgundy tasting. This was one of the better tasting I have done in quite awhile. Etienne is also the wine maker and manager at Chateau de Puligny-Montrachet.

We tasted 6 reds and 5 whites tonight. Etienne was very informative about his wines and the Burgundy area of France. These were all Grand Cru wines tonight.  Makes you want to take a trip just to Burgundy to taste all that is available.

I ended up purchasing a 2008 Domaine de Montille Beaune 1er Cru Les Sizies, 2008 Domaine de Montille Pommard 1er Cru Les Pezerolles and a 2007 DEuxMontille Auxey-Duresses (white burgundy).

This tasting was sold out and they added extra seats and really pushed people close together, As usual I got there early so I could grab a seat at the front. When I sit in the back area I have a hard time hearing when the noise level gets high after a few glasses of wine. I am glad I signed up for this tasting weeks ago.

No comments: