Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July's Gathering

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Our monthly get together was held today. Theme was White wines from South America and Reds from New Zealand & Australia. Good selection but nothing really stood out as outstanding. Three people brought the same white wine. That's why if I do not have a wine that fits the theme in my cellar I go someplace away from the area to purchase the wines.  Too many people are fans of Bev Mo and Total Wines. They like convenience and don't really want to be put out into finding something unique. Good appetizers and the host made a really good pork tenderloin with a Chipolte sauce. Did not try desserts as I was stuffed by then. The weather was a little warmer than at my place and I could feel the heat. I do not do well in heat with red wines. I did leave a  little earlier than usual but sometimes ---- happens.

On to next month and another batch of heavy red wines in August in the heat.

No comments: