Saturday, February 28, 2009

Vino Cucina Again

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Another stop at this great little restaurant. 4 of us met tonight on the spur of the moment. We ordered 3 appetizers and shared them. One of the appetizers was calamari which I had not tried here before. Light batter and tender pieces of calamari. Very good. A dish of the fried baby artichokes which I have eaten several times and a prosciutto wrapped shrimp with asparagus completed the appetizers. A couple of the shrimp were not cooked all the way through. They did apologized and redid them for us. I liked Vino Cucina's version better than Delius's. They were moist and flavorful. I find this same dish at Delius to be a little on the dry side and several dollars more on price.

Tonight I had farfalle with light tomato sauce and vegetables. Very flavorful and I did not miss having a protein in the dish. Again I took leftovers home.

Although 5 bottles of wine were brought we only opened 2. A 2005 Stolpman Sangiovese and a 2003 Stolpman Nebiollo. Both were showing well.

No comments: