Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sunny's Birthday

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tonight 7 of us gathered at Utopia Restaurant in Long Beach for the celebration of Sunny's birthday. This was a big one for her so we wanted it to be special. No one beside myself had been to Utopia before and they all said the food was great.

I brought a bottle of 2003 Clos Pepe Pinot Noir and Alan brought a 1996 Clos du Marouis Saint-Julien. Since this was not a very wine savvy group I think the only ones that really appreciated Alan's wine were Alan, me and the waiter. Everyone else preferred the Pinot. Which is a very good Pinot but its a California style with upfront fruit. They did not appreciate the complexity and balance of the other wine.

We had a great dinner, several people bought individual glasses of wine and I purchased at bottle of Chenin Blanc to start the evening with. I ordered a fried artichoke appetizer and had the lobster stuffed ravioli with grilled scallops for dinner. As usual the food was very good and reasonably priced.

No comments: