Saturday, February 28, 2009

February's Monthly Gathering of The Wino Flock

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Today was my time to host the "winos". My theme was Wines Rated 93 to 100. I started this theme several years ago when I got tired of people bringing grocery store or Trader Joe wines to our gatherings. At least now they have to look a little for quality.

This day was unusual as most of the appetizers brought were some sort of seafood. Most of the wines were heavy reds. 1 bubbly, 2 white wines and 19 reds.

It's always interesting to me that some of the wines are gone before others are a quarter done. That means many people are going back for second and third pours before others have a chance to get their first pour.

The 3 wines that were drank immediately were the 1991 Silver Oak, Napa, Cabernet, 2005 Lorng, Clos Pepe Vineyard, Pinot Noir and the 2005 Roar, Rosella Vineyard, Santa Lucia Highlands Pinot Noir. Obviously these were the wines that people liked the most.

No comments: