Saturday, February 7, 2009

Super Bowl

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Friends hosted a small Super Bowl" party which I attended. They have a large 52" plasma which makes seeing the game a difference experience than my 32". Everyone brought beverage of choice. A brought a 2007 Kosta Browne Pinot Rose which was ok but not to what I thought Kosta Browne should be producing. I like Clos Pepe Pinot Rose much better. I also brought a 2003 Turley Juvenile Zinfandel which was showing very nice.

The hosts decided to have a "Panni" buffet. You build your own sandwiches and put them into the panni press for a few minutes. Seemed like a lot of work to me. The first sandwich I made I used the press the second one was a plain old fashioned sandwich. We all brought side dishes and we feasted at half time.

The game was good this year and most of the commercials were not. Watching the game on that big of a screen was great but seeing as a few of the "female" guests were not into football their mouths runneth over. I was ready to scream "shut up". But as I was in someone else's house I did keep my mouth shut. But it was hard.

1 comment:

Nancy Deprez said...

So you're into football!