Monday, September 1, 2008

Another Chinese Dinner

Saturday, August 8, 2008

Eight of us gathered tonight At Duong Son in Westminister (Little Saigon). I did take some notes but since Its been a month since the dinner (my computer has been down) I am not sure if I can read my own handwriting.

Basil Chicken (always a winner)
Roast Duck (their specialty)
Garlic fried green beans with shrimp (another staple for us)
Fried sea bass (a first and excellent)
Chow Mein Cluster (a first but not my favorite)
Beef Tendons with Turnips (I always like this dish)
Fried oysters with Ginger & Chives (another excellent favorite)
Ribs with sauce ( tastes like maple syrup is in the sauce-crispy and really good)
Green Bean Tapioca (tastes much better than it sounds)

Not your mothers Chinese food.

The wines tonight were all on the upside.

2006 AP Vin Turner Vineyard Pinot Noir
2005 Snowden, Napa Cabernet
2006 Torzi Matthews, Shiraz
2004 Chateau Margene Cabernet
2007 Stolpman Sauvignon Blanc
2004 Kangnilla Road Shiraz
2004 Kosta Browne Sonoma, Pinot Noir
2003 Domaine Schulmberger Riesling
2005 Roar, Santa Lucia, Pinot Noir
2003 McKeon-Phillips BPR Cabernet

These dinners are always good, the gathering tonight was a good group of people and the wines were on the up side. Can't wait until October for the next dinner.

No comments: