Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Chez Lomita Wine Expo ll 2019

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Big  party at private residence. A lot of bodies mingling around. Everything was basically set up in the pool area. Beautiful looks but not much passing room.

A wide array of food. I concentrated on the Ahi sliders as they were closet to the end of tables lined up.  These food tables were set up on one long side of the pool. I did not venture down that path as it was less than 2 feet wide. Too close to water for me as I do not know how to swim and when walking I have this tendency to veer off the straight and narrow. I have no idea what was on the food dishes so no comments on that.

The wine table was set in a corner near the back door. Big congestion area.  I did not leave that area much at all. To walk to the other side of the pool area there was a huge rug and I looked at that as an obstacle for me. People were tripping over the edges all evening.

A lot of good  wine came through that door. Some I got to taste and others disappeared before I got to them. I monitored my intake as I was not eating much and did not want the wine getting to me. I do remember a 1990 Caymus Cab that was excellent.  I did leave earlier than most so  missed out of some special wines that were brought out by the host from his cellar. 

Weather was perfect for an outdoor event. Lot a small tables and chairs lined up. Pool was beautiful with its blue lining. Very festive decorations for a fun and very sober evening.

No comments: