Sunday, August 25, 2019

Adventures in Seafood at The Playground

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

I did this dinner a few months ago at the Playground. and was impressed. I knew the food dishes would be completely different so I signed up again. This is my favorite restaurant for food. Wish I could afford to eat here more often. They have  a walk in restaurant but I always book dinners in the 2.0 Room. Holds 18 people and all the dinners are specialized. I have never had a bad dish served to me. Some may not have been my personal preference but the food is always top notch.  A new wine steward  and I think I like his taste in wine better than the last person. All a matter of personal preference. I am not going to make additional comments about the food or wine. Just a list of 12 courses and 3 desserts. I can add nothing to the descriptions except that it was all extremely good.
www.playgrounddtsa.com.

We started out with a cocktail made with Blinking Owl Gin, Cointreau, Kiwi, Lime and black tea.

Fish head and liver terrine, Tasmanian pepperberry, butter, mustard, lemon and herb salad

Hose made grilled focaccia

Fish eye chips with a crème fraiche  (addicting)

Kampachi belly, house made soy, fresh grated wasabi, buckwheat rice

Heirloom tomatoes dressed with sardine garum (fermented fish sauce), lime, offal, XO, crispy shallots, crushed peanuts and mint

Battered John Dory, yogurt tartare sauce

Peaso-garlic grilled mackerel

Rice wine vinegar cucumbers

Twice fried octopus, tikka masala, lime cilantro, puffed rice

Baja Bay scallops, grilled corn, old bay butter, caramelized fennel, lemon

White sea bass, bone sauce, smoked fingerling potatoes

Lemon grilled broccolini, puffed wild rice

Melon sorbet with freeze dried raspberries

Plums and plum custard, hose made granola

Pistachio molten cake, plum whip

Domaine Roger Neveu, Sancerre

Salwey RS, Pinot Blanc

Albert Boxper, Edelzwicker, Reserve, blend of muscat, rielsing, pinot blanc and chasselas

2015 Caimille Giroud, Hautes-Cotes de Beaune, Au Cretal

2015 Roda, Rioja

2014 Robert Sinsky Vineyards, Los Carneros, Late Harvets, Pinot Noir






No comments: