Thursday, October 5, 2017

Beer Dinner with Delius at Timeless Pints

Tuesday, October 3, 3017

Delius restaurant paired up with Timeless Pints Brewing Co.,  for their Oktoberfest dinner tonight. www.deliusrestaurant.com.  www.timelesspints.com..

Started off the evening with a glass of Heferweizen Wheat Ale paired with a Chevre Stuffed Grilled Pear, Savory Garlic and Honey Crisps and a White Balsamic Reduction.  The Chevre was whipped with honey and quite tasty. The pear had good flavor. The crisps were thick and clunky and kept falling out of the dish which was a too small of a bowl made of recycled palm fronds. The bottom was not that flat and it rocked as your were trying to cut the pear.  I can appreciate trying to use recycled materials instead of just throwaway dishes but test drive them first. The beer was good, my favorite of the day and paired well with the pear.

Next was a Rosemary Infused Pork Belly Lardons, Caramelized Pineapple, Arugula, Endive and Peppercorn Vinaigrette. Flavor was good but we all know my thoughts on these damm greens that have stemey what nots on them. Not date night food when it is constantly sticking out of your mouth when trying to take a bite.. A School's Out Strong Pale Ale was the selection. Nice beer, liked it better than I thought I would and it was a good selection with the salad.

A Curry-Pretzel Crusted Chicken Thigh, Spicy Cauliflower Cous Cous, Roasted Cashew Butter was paired with a Roctober Fest beer. The cauliflower cous cous was good, a different riff.  The chicken had good flavor and overall the dish had a lot of flavor.  I have a problem with being served chicken when I do beer and wine dinners. I eat enough of it during the week. I don't really want it on a paid dinner. Give me something that I don't get all the time.

The best dish of the day was next. A House Braised Brisket, Celery-Apple Gratin and Salted Potato Curls.  The curls looked like wind strewn hair on top of the brisket. I pushed then to  the side. The brisket however was great, good flavor, extremely tender. The gratin was good. . But they served it with  Taste of Fate Smoked Red IPA. Two things I had against the beer. I don't like smoked beer, scotch or any alcohol and I am not an IPA fan. This wasn't too hoppy but enough that two sips and I was done. If you are a fan of  these qualities you probably would have loved it.

Dessert to me was a big disappointment. House Made Chocolate Wafers layered with Sliced Peaches, Raspberry Mascarpone and Blueberry Jam. The Raspberry Marscapone was good, the wafers were strange, seemed soft because of moisture. Just did not entice me at all. The beer was very good. A Blueberry Acai Saison.

It was a fun evening in spite of my idiosyncrasy. 

No comments: