Saturday, February 27, 2016

Tamber Bey Wine Tasting

Friday, February 12, 2016

ABC Fine Wines and Spirits in Long Beach held a "Tamber Bey" wine tasting this evening. Having never heard of the winery I was interested. They are located in the Calistoga area.  I found most of the wines good and one exceptional. Did not buy because I have too much wine as it is. These people are "horse" people and it shows in the price.  

The 2014 Mello Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc was way to grassy and acidic for me. . Not for me and at the price point of $30.

2013 Deux Chevaux Vineyard Chardonnay. Again not my preference. Too oaky and priced at $55. For that money a chardonnay has to be outstanding .

2013 Sun Chase Vineyard Pinot Noir. Decent, bright, clean nose, good front palate with a short finish. But at $70 way over priced.

2014 Deux  Chevaux Vineyard Merlot. Not a Merlot fan but I considered buying this wine. Nice, medium nose, good front palate, medium tannins and a well balanced wine. Priced at $75.

2012 Deux Chevaux Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon.  Deep cherry, light toast and a whiff of chocolate. Priced at $50 but I felt the Merlot was a far superior wine.

2012 Rabicano Deux Chevaux Red Bordeaux Blend. Exceptionally good wine, well balance at even at $75 I was leaning towards buying.

2012 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon. 21 months in barrel. Well balanced, good front, middle and back palate. But at $130 it wasn't that good.

No comments: