Friday, February 12, 2016

Recon at Nayada

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Margie is having one of her dinners here at Nayada in April. CJ & I joined her and Paul to check out a few new dishes that may make it to her menu. Since there was only 4 of us we tried out couple  of appetizers. Lettuce Wraps and Golden Bags.  Wraps are good but messy to eat. The lettuce always seems either to small or to big. Flavor is good. The bags are just dough wrapped around a filling and twisted at the top to look like a "bag". This filling was pork. I personally prefer the cream cheese fillings.

Had the Green Curry Chicken. Flavor was excellent but it still had too much of a heat bite for me.  Ate a very small portion of this dish. I am sure others will love it. I just cannot handle "heat" like I used to. Burns the palate and wine does not go well with burn. this is a beer dish.

One dish I did enjoy as the Pork Kai Kau. Flat noodles with pork and vegetables.  New one for me.

I brought a 2013 Tercero Outlier, a dry gerwurztraminer, Perfect wine for Thai food. There also was a NV Veuve Cliquot yellow label Champagne, 2011 Roar, Santa Lucia Highlands, Pinot Noir and 2013 Four Graces, Pinot Blanc.  Nice wines for Thai food.

So a few new additions along with a few old favorites will be showing up on the menu for the April dinner

No comments: