Sunday, October 4, 2015

Happy Hour at The Daily Grill

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Made the trek out to Irvine at go to The Daily Grill, www.dailygrill.com. Donna's birthday and that is where she wanted to go. Not for dinner but happy hour. Saturdays and Sundays is all day happy hour. Long way to go but that is what she wanted. At least someone else drove.

We ate in the bar area because of happy hour. My preference would have been dinner but it was not my birthday.

I started out with deep fried asparagus. Good flavor but about half of the asparagus was edible. Not a good impression on me. I also had a crab cake that had excellent flavor but needed another minute or so cooking. Way too moist. Then onto Firecracker Shrimp. Again good flavor but I do think the shrimp had been frozen previously. Drank a couple of splits of Chandon.

Other dishes ordered were a HH special, Chicken Pot Pie. The 3 people that ordered it were all very happy. Deep fried chicken strips and a seared ahi sushi with fried spinach rounded out the selections.

We had a good time but I would not drive out there specifically to go to the Daily Grill. If I was in the area I might stop in. I found that the food service was slow. Granted it was Saturday night and they were packed.

No comments: