Monday, October 19, 2015

Annual Passport Tasting at Delius

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Delius Restaurant in Signal Hill, www.deliusrestaurant.com,  hosts this "wine" tasting every year. Calling it "Passport" because of wines from around the world.  But this year I did not find  any from Australia or Portugal - maybe I just missed them. But I visited every wine rep today. There were several wines I would like to see Delius have on their wine list.

I was impressed with the French line up but not so much the Italian line up. Spanish wines are good also.

Food this year seemed better - don't know why , some of the items were they same as in the past but it just looked to me me like more variety.

Mist of the wines seemed to be a little above average and a few of them were really good. I did not take a wine list because I did not need to be tempted to buy. I have no room and too many wines. Now I think maybe I should have but  I need a reality check.

Crowd was quite different from years past. Not too many "oldtimers". That can be a good thing.

No comments: