Tuesday, January 27, 2015

If It's Monday It Must Be Dim Sum

Monday, January 26, 2015

Only 3 of us today but we had a great time. Dim Sum at the Seafood Palace during the week is very limited because they really are not that busy during the day. We ordered a couple of items off the cart then went to the main menu. Since only 3 eating today we did not go overboard on the selections.

Saturday and Sundays Dim Sum is a huge cart menu. Need to get to the Seafood Palace early because they get very crowded on weekends. Dim Sum and dinners.

We started out with Walnut Shrimp and Beef Tendon off the cart and had the egg custard tarts for dessert also from the cart.

The Walnut Shrimp was excellent. Good light sauce and very tender shrimp. The beef tendon is a put off for some people but it was very tender . It is a matter of taste and texture. I do not have too many hang ups when it comes to food. I will try anything once. I do not have to have it again if it's not to my taste but I have discovered so many foods that really enjoy just my taking that first taste. I do not limit myself.

We were given  a bowl of the Hot  Spicy soup on the house. I do like this soup. Full of flavor but not too spicy. Just a slight hint.

Then to the main menu where we had the white fish with Chinese vegetables. Today it looked like very small bok choy. Only a few inches long. Fish was tender and very mild with a thin sauce of some sort. Good flavor.

Last item was Pepper Beef with fat noodles. Again good flavor, tender beef. One person at the table thought it should have been more peppery but I was quite happy with it.

Not a long list of wines. 2009 Huber Pinot Noir and 2009 Sea Smoke Bottela. Interesting because Huber is on Hwy 246 and Sea Smoke is just over the ridge from them towards Santa Rosa Road. It was a taste off. Sea Smoke was more fruity and a bit bolder. Huber was more restrained but an excellent wine.

I brought a bottle of NV  Diamant, Vanken , Reims, France, Champagne. Bought this bottle several years ago and wanted to open it with a very small group of people. A bit on the sweet side and very crisp. I probably would not buy it again as I prefer other Champagnes at half the price. Paid $80 for this bottle mainly because I did like the taste but I really wanted the bottle. Clear glass, designed by Baccarat. Not sure what I am going to do with the bottle but will hang onto it for awhile until I get a brainstorm.

So a nice 3 hours of food, conversation and wine. Just beat the rain home. Nice to have these Monday's off.

No comments: