Friday, January 2, 2015

Holiday Brunch

Sunday, December 28, 2014

I did hold my holiday brunch this year. Last year was too much the the kitchen remodel. Kept the invite list to 25 maximum. Lost 5 people the day before to illness. Which made for a nice size group of people . Have decided that I am cutting down on the size of invites for anything this year.

My new criteria will be to include those whom I socialize with on a regular basis. Those that I only see a few times a year and especially those that never issue an invitation to me for anything will be excluded. It seems that there is a group of people that show up for everything that they are invited to but never reciprocate. Some of it it is the fact that I am single and not attached. Couples seem to only invite other couples, They have a problem not me. As my friend CJ stated maybe its time for us singles to only include other singles in our invites. I have known some of these people for over 12 years and have never seen the inside of their houses and have never been invited to anything by them. So a new philosophy for me this year.

I was not happy with two of the egg casseroles I made. Did not turn out well and too bready. One turned out great. But we had lots of ham for my Jewish friends and lots of chicken sausages for the Gentiles. There is always lots of food brought so no one went hungry. Did miss Margie's Biscuits and Gravy.

I always put out some cheap bubbly, after all you don't get Dom Perignon when you go to brunch. A few other bubblies showed up along with an assortment of wine.

NV   Tattinger Brut
NV   Schramsberg, Blanc de Noirs
NV   De Margene, A. Bouzy, Grand Cru Brut
NV   Sorelle Bronca, Proseco
1997 Justin, Isosceles
2005 Sequel, Columbia Valley, Shiraz
2007  "Private Label" Shiraz
2009 Bogle Phantom
2010 La Fenetre, A'Cote, Pinot Noir
2010 Thomas George, Russian River Valley, Pinot Noir
2010 O.D. Vajra, Langhe, Nebbiolo
2011 Otto, Barbera D'Asti
2012 Anthill Farms, Sonoma Coast, Pinot Noir
2012 Casal Moro, Rosso, del Veneto
2014 Starborough., Marlborough, Sauvignon Blanc

No comments: