Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Factory

Monday. October 13, 2014

Eight  of us gathered at the Factory Gastropub in Bixby Knolls tonight. www.thefactorylb.com,  I arrived early so I ordered a bottle of a Rioja wine and paid for it separately as the dinner tab was going to be split evenly.  I figured I would get my wine and share the bottle. Mostly beer drinkers in this crowd. A very mixed bag a food ordered. Several people ordered the Pig and Grits, which I believe was one of the dishes featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives television show. They raved about the dish. A grilled cheese sandwich which looked decadent and several hamburgers were on the table. I ordered the Bison Short Rib with Mashed Potatoes and Grilled Root Vegetables. Meat was excellent. Good flavor and very tender. Potatoes had good flavor. But again which seems to be the big trend with today's cooks,  the vegetables were still too much  on the raw side. The parsnips were good as were most of the carrots but the beets were in quarters and I could hardly cut them with my knife. I realize that people don't want "mushy" vegetables and neitner do I but I would like them cooked enough to get a fork into them.  A nice dinner, good conversation and a great time was had by all.

No comments: