Monday, July 7, 2014

Copper River Salmon BBQ

Saturday. July 5, 2014

A small group of us, about 14 pitched in and bought numerous pounds of Copper River Salmon to grill. We did this last year and it was a big success. Everyone brought sides etc., wine and beer. Beautiful day even though it was a bit warm but the sun shades were up and that made it quite pleasant. The "grillmaster" was grilling away but was adding condiments to the salmon. I wished he had asked people  before he started. Happily Terry grilled his own and some for his daughter and me.

 No adds except capers. Why take a beautiful piece of fish and destroy the taste the soy sauce etc. Ate so many appetizers I did not have much room for dinner. I took a cheese plate with some cheeses I had never had before. I went into a small middle eastern market on my way back from Costco and was very surprised at what they had to offer.  I picked up 3 cheeses but the favorite was "Purple Haze", a goat cheese with fennel dust and lavender

I brought a 2013 Tercero Mouvedre Rose and a 2012 Sinor-LaValle Pinot Gris. Everything else was reds and it was to hot to really enjoy them until the early evening.  CJ brought out a couple of bottles of bubbly which helped.

Did not take note of all the wines but only missed a few.

2008 Sea Smoke Ten Pinot Noir
2010 Sea Smoke Ten Pinot Noir
2004 Williams Selyem Bucher Vineyard, Pinot Noir
2003 Patricia Greene. Balcombe Block, Pinot Noir (magnum)
2010 Ferard Brand, Chateauneuf de Pape
2005 McKeon-Phillips BPR, Cabernet Sauvignon
2010 Molly Dooker Enchanted Path, Shiraz

No comments: