Sunday, August 25, 2013

August Wino's Gathering

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Our monthly wino's gathering theme was Zinfandels, Primotivo's. Champagnes, Sparkings & Rose's. Weather cooperated and the day was not to hot. Nothing like high alcohol wines and heat. Started at 3:00 and the host is still setting up at 3:30. I have never been able to understand this concept. I tasted about 5 of the Zinfandels and they were good. The one Rose that was brought I was not a fan of but all the sparklings were good. Appetizers were very good. I filled up on them as the host is known for over cooking the meat until it is so dry I can't eat it. So what ever was on the table for the main course I bypassed on. Good company and enjoyed myself. But left at a reasonable hour as I have had quite the week.

No comments: