Sunday, September 15, 2013

Seafood Palace

Wednesday, August 11, 2013

The boys and I met tonight at the Seafood Palace. For some reason things seemed awkward tonight, Took awhile for the conversation to get going. Even after a few sips of wine it was not our jovial group. Maybe something with the moon, sun or whatever. I know traffic was horrendous this evening. Maybe when the freeway construction is over things will improve.

We started out with the Salt & Pepper Calamari. Just like last time it was not the same as before. Not much seasoning. Different cook maybe.

Sizzling Rice with Shrimp showed up. John really liked the puffed up rice. Our old standard Beef with Chinese Broccoli was brought to the table. Always good.

Henry ordered a new dish for us. Roasted Chicken Cantonese Style with Shrimp Chips. Really moist chicken with a very crispy skin. It was very good and I probably would have appreciated it more if I didn't eat so much chicken during the week. I very rarely order a chicken dish when I dine out,

A tureen of the Sweet/Sour soup was set down and ladled up. This soup is always full of many flavors and has always been consistently good. 

By this time I am full but a huge platter of Peking Duck arrives. I can eat one piece but that is it. I did take the leftovers home.

All in all a good dinner but since it was the "Seafood" Palace I was disappointed that more seafood was not ordered. I prefer the duck at the Golden Star so that dish could have been left off the dinner and something else ordered and I would have been happier.

Dessert was a simple tray of sliced oranges and fortune cookies.

Wines brought were:
2009 Terre Valentine, Spring Mtn District, Cabernet Sauvignon
2008 McKeon Phillips Leonardo
2006 McKeon Phillips BPR Cabernet Sauvignon
2011 Tourine Val de Loire, Rose of Pinot Noir
2009 Clos Pepe Chardonnay
2006 Kosta Browne Russian River  Pinot Noir

The Leonardo and the Kosta Brown were first two bottles emptied. By the end of the evening only a small amount of the Rose & Chardonnay were left.

Next month back to the Golden Star.

No comments: