Saturday, September 28, 2013

Ceppos

Friday, September 27, 2013

Raymond's Bistro has been bought out and replaced with Ceppos. Margie and I decided to have girls night out and try the new owners. I will say I was very disappointed and think perhaps these new people will not make it unless they do some changes to their menu. They changed the menu completely from Raymond's.  Heavy on the pasta dishes with only  4 alternatives. 

Pasta is not bad but they were using commercially made pasta. A small place like this that wants to be known for pasta should make their own. Also have fresh grated parmesan. I had the Seafood Pescatore and the seafood was all fresh. A big plus. But the pasta was nothing special and the sauce was just ok. Margie had the Chicken Alfredo and was disappointed in the sauce, too much butter

Our salads were nice with fresh, crisp lettuce. No problems with those. Service was good. But the place was empty. In the two hours we were there only 2 other parties came in . Plus they have a corkage fee of $12. Their wine list is mediocre, low end wines. Only a red & white by the glass. These are their house wines which I have no idea what label it is. All the other wines are by the bottle only.

I would go back in about a month to see if there are any changes, but if no changes I would cross them off by list.

No comments: