Sunday, August 4, 2013

July's Wino's Gathering

Sunday, July 28, 2013

This months theme was Red wines from Spain & White wines from Latin America. William & Patte also threw in "Salsa Contest". The prize being a multiple bottle metal wine cage. That ended up being won by Sherry who made a Mango Salsa.  I did not taste any myself as I really don't care for Salsas that much

8 white wines and 12 reds were brought. I brought a wine that was a blend of Riesling, Albarino and Savagnin. This particular wine would really been good at the dinner last night at Issara,

One of the wines I liked the best was a 1994 Muga Reserve Roja.  I did taste most of the wines but I am sure I missed a few of the whites and I know at least one of the reds. But with 20 wines you really had to pace yourself. 

So another month down and on to August and those high alcohol Zinfandels.

No comments: