Thursday, July 4, 2013

Stan's Old Wine Cellar Cleaning

Sunday, June 30, 2013

A small group of us gathered at Stan & Karen's in Santa Monica today. Stan decided he needed to clear out some of his old wines because the aisles of his cellar are full and he cannot maneuver. Stan could do a cellar cleaning once a week for a year and it would not make a dent in his stash of wine..

We all brought a small dishes to share and Stan cooked some of his Chinese BBQ Pork, along with chicken and Morels in gravy.

I did not keep a list of the wines which I could kick myself for now but they were all in the 1993 to 1997 vintages. There was Kister, Peter Michaels, Saintsbury, Viader & Dalle Valle that I remember. Also a Banfi Brunello that was exceptional. Not a bad wine in the bunch and all were good.

Did not get home until after 10:00 pm. It has been a very long weekend for me and the alarm goes off at 5:30 am

No comments: