Thursday, July 4, 2013

Never Get Tired of Nayada

Tuesday. July 2, 2013

Just was here at Nayada two weeks ago but back again. Food is good and the company not half bad either.

Christina does not each "seafood" of any kind. So two weeks ago along with her and no seafood and three guests that did not eat beef we had dishes that we had not ordered before.  Along with "No Seafood Christina" and the doctor who is a vegetarian I expect tonight will be the same. Gives us a real good reason to break away from our favorites and be surprised with  a new dish.

We started out with Vegetable Spring Rolls, Vegetable Summer Rolls and Vegetables Tempura. A dish of steamed vegetables was ordered along with a Curry dish of soft tofu, green beans and asparagus.

Maybe the Curry dish was good but I was so turned off by the color of the curry I could not bring myself to taste it. I am not a big fan of "soft" tofu and the light grey tone that the Curry took on just did not get far with me, I will usually eat just about anything but somehow that dish was "zombie like" , grey, green and cubes of white stuff.

We did have the Deep Fried Catfish with Green Apple Slaw which is always excellent along with Crying Tiger Steak.

Two non drinkers at the table so just a few wines tonight.

2011 Francois Chidaine, Touraine Val de Loire, Pinot Rose
2011 Reichsrat Von Buhl, Sauvignon Blanc ( I did like this - green apples and not very acidic)
2006 Kosta Browne, Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir

No comments: