Thursday, July 4, 2013

June's Wino's Gathering

Sunday, June 23, 2013

The day after the dinner at 555 turns out to be the June date for the rest of us wino's. Marc & Edie's theme was "Wine That Goes With Spicy Foods". So it turned out to be a mostly white wine event. Marc made his "World Famous Jambalaya" to set the theme. Several people brought "spicy" dishes to go with the theme. I stayed away from them. Jambalaya was enough spice for me. This has been a hot week and today started out that way and then cooled down. Made a very pleasant afternoon.

Two of my favorite white wines of the day were the 2010 R2, Santa Ynez, Greanche Blanc which I brought and the 2012 Ponzi, Willamette Valley, Pinot Gris that Paul & Margie brought. Along with the Champagne those two bottles were emptied first, Of the reds I did like the 2008 Gotham Shiraz,
 

No comments: