Saturday, May 29, 2010

Spaghettini Wine Tasting

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Spaghettini Grill & Jazz Club , www.spaghettini.com, had their first wine tasting of the year tonight. $25 for 15 wines and light appetizers. From 5:30 to 7:30 .

I arrived about 6 o'clock which after the evening was over I decided if I attend the next event to take off work early and get there at 5:30. Appetizers go fast and about 7:00 they do not put any more out. Also some of the wines disappeared before I got to taste them. Also the parking because annoying which has always been an issue with this establishment. 10 years ago it was a problem and nothing has changed. It is a very popular place and a middle age pick up place.

The pours very more than generous. I was very surprised at how big the pours were. At that rate you never be able to taste all the wines this evening which I did not. I did drink the 3 bubblies that were offered, 2 Chardonnays which I got rid of because they were too oaky for me, a Sauvignon Blanc and 3 reds. Maybe their thought is pick and chose what you want to drink and we will give you a generous serving, instead of try all 15 wines tonight.

The appetizers were good but don't expect it to be your dinner. The wines tonight came from Chalone Vineyards, Newton, Provenance and Rosenblum. The bubblies were Chandon Rose, Imperial by Moet & Chandon and Veuve Cliquot .

Next tasting is Wednesday June 30 and they will be featuring Chateau Ste Michelle.

No comments: