Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sans Liege Winery Tasting

Thursday, June 27, 2010

Brix Wines in Sunset Beach hosted a tasting from "Sans Liege Winery" from the Paso Robles area. This was a new name for me. Mike Ames, the distributor had mentioned it to me when I did the DeRose tasting a few weeks back.

I stopped in at Brix on my way home after work. Fortunately there were not crowded yet and the music entertainment of the evening had not started.

Les Jeunes Rose, a bend of Grenache & Mouvedre. This was an interesting Rose, the Mouvedre was slightly more prominent and this wine was clean and refreshing.

Cotes de Coast White blend, Viognier, Roussanne & Marsanne. Rhone whites are a tug of war with me. I was glad the Viognier had the predominant role in this wine. I feel this wine was definitely a food wine.

Call to Arms, a blend of Grenache Blanc and Rousanne. Again I was glad that the Grenache Blanc was predominant, I am beginning to be a big fan of Grenache Blanc's and as it becomes more well known I think a lot of people will also.

Groundwork Grenache - 100% Grenache. I really liked this wine. It had an interesting cinnamon taste to the finish.

The Phophetess NV, blend of 2 different years of Syrah and Mouvedre . I know some people who would really like this wine. It was good but not quite my thing. It was a big wine which I usually like but there was something about the finish that did not grab me. Nothing wrong with the wine just my personal taste.

Everyones palate is different which is good because there are some many wineries anymore I think it is impossible to keep up with all the new ones. I was glad to have the opportunity to taste these Sans Liege wines.

No comments: