Sunday, February 28, 2010

Super Bowl Party

Sunday. January 31, 2010

Went to a friends house for superbowl. Small group, just 8 of us which makes it nice as you can see and hear the game. Too many people and the noise level increases. I'm getting to and age that I actually want to hear the game and the commercials. The commercials are the real reason to have superbowl although this year I was really disappointed in them. Most were downright stupid. Seemed to aimed at a generation of dumb downed people.

The appetizers were so good that by time the main dish was served we were all "stuffed". I took a Turley Old Vine Zinfandel and it was drinking really well. I'm starting to like zins with some age on them. None of this "drink them while they are young stuff".

We had the "pool" going. It was really odd that two couples won all four quarters. Best to keep it in the family.

No comments: