Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pinot Days - Los Angeles

Sunday, January 24, 2010

I gave up watching the conference playoffs today to attend "Pinot Days" at the Barker Hanger in the Santa Monica airport. This was a first for the area and not to be missed if you are a Pinot addict.

The venue was opened to the trade earlier in the day and the public gained access at 1:00. I got there a bit early and noticed that the public was already entering. This gave us a few extra minutes before the hoard ascended. They did limit the number of tickets sold so that kept it at a reasonable group.

I saw a least 30 people that I knew from different groups in my life. Amazing how the "drunks" come out for an event like this.

There were 70 wineries pouring that day and most had more than 2 wines available. Some had as much as 6. You had to pick and choose and also sip and spit.

Among my favorites that day were, Pisoni, Ken Brown, Flying Goat, Arcadian, Cargasacchi, Papapietro Perry, Testarossa and naturally Clos Pepe.

I do hope that they repeat this event next year in the Los Angeles area. I will be first in line for a ticket.

No comments: