Sunday, February 28, 2010

February's "Gathering Of The Flock"

Sunday. February 21, 2010

This was my time to host our monthly wine group's get together. My theme was wines rated 93 to 100. It makes people hunt for a decent wine instead of just dropping by the local wine store (or worse, the grocery store) and picking up a wine on their way.

We had an abundance of appetizers brought but only one dessert. Last gathering, there was such an over abundance of desserts. Everyone changed tracks this month.

There were 20 wines brought. Among the ones I liked the best were the 1999 Chateau St Jean Cinq Cepages, 2005 Renato Ratti, Marcenasco Barolo, 2007 Roar, Gary's Vineyard, Pinot Noir, and the 2007 Tabalas Creek Espirit De Beaucastel. I opened a 2007 Sea Smoke Ten Pinot Noir. It was good but I was a little disappointed. Other people really liked it. I preferred the Roar Pinot.

So another gathering taken care of and March will bring another.

No comments: