Sunday, August 23, 2009

August Gathering of The Flock

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Our monthly gathering of the wino's took place today (Saturday). Normally we have these events on Sunday but for some odd reason some people seem to think that Saturday works best. I disagree as it should be evident by the number of people in attendance. Sunday's group is always larger. People have to many other things going on on a Saturday and since these gatherings are usually started at 2:00 or 3:00 it really take a big bite out of other chores and events that seem to be prevalent on that day.

There were 21 wines on the table. But that reflects the number of outside guests that the host invited. It was more of a open party.

Today's wine theme was Zinfandels and Pinot Noir based Sparkling, Champagnes and Roses. I was really happy to wake up to a very cool and overcast day. Normally I cannot drink these heavy red wines in the heat and since this event is always held outside on a hot day you can be miserable. Today was Zinfandel tasting weather. I concentrated on the Sparklings and Champagnes more but did taste a few Zin's. Unfortunately the table with the wines was very small and in a small corner which made it difficult to get to. People have a tendancy to hang around the wine table. Its part of the game. After I made the list out of what wines that were brought, I saw several I would have liked to try but really did not see them on the table as everything was crammed into a very small area

The wines were good and the appetizers were great. We had fresh strawberries, which were excellent and brownies for dessert. A nice way to end a day.

Next month I will be on vacation at the time of the next "gathering of the flock" and the next "wine and dine" so I will have no comments on those events. But you will hear about my vacation. A lot of wine tasting is on the agenda.




No comments: