Sunday, August 23, 2009

Wine Mixer at Antonello's

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Antonello's Restaurant in Costa Mesa, near South Coast Plaza held a wine mixer this evening. Featured wines were from Nickel & Nickel and Far Nienete. Price was $25 and you got to taste 8 wines along with assorted cheeses, meats , breads , etc. They passed some appetizers around which was a nice touch. The event was held outside the restaurant and the evening was very pleasant. Antonello's was offering a special dinner afterwards for $40 which I did not stay for. It was a nice event and I would attend another.

I was a little disappointed in the wines. As I have had wines from this producer before I was expecting something that did not get delivered. Wines were discounted tonight but at $65 and $75 for Cabernet Sauvignon I felt they fell off the mark.

No comments: