Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pizza & Wine

Friday, August 7, 2009

Wine Country in Long Beach had a "Pizza & Wine" seminar tonight. I have attended many of these in the past but this definitely will be my last one. They had 4 different kinds of pizza to serve with the different wines. Instead of slices which we have had in the past they cut the pizza into small squares and triangles. You got 2 small (very) pieces of each type. No extras were passed around like in the past. 12 wines were poured. About 1-1/2 ounces each pour. No extras like in the past . The host told us which wines we were drinking and basically asked what we thought of them with the pizza. That was it. No more explanation than that. I could have gone to a pizzeria with 10 friends. Got 3 pizzas and ordered the same quality of wines and been ahead of the game. At $40 I felt it was a rip off. $25 to $30 would have been more tolerable. I was not alone in my reaction to this night. I have talked with people that were there at at least 8 of us think the same way. It wasn't fun like it was in the past. So we will not be back.

No comments: